Smiles All Around The Green
Many Thanks to all who came to help, and joined in.
Steve from Powarider brought several models, and we had at least three local owners of bikes who happily answered questions.
If you missed the event and would like to know more, or arrange a ‘private ride’ with Powarider, please send an email to email@example.com .
Photos of the event will be available shortly.
Going head as Planned!
Despite the rubbish weather we have been having recently, we are going ahead with the event. The forecast for later today is ‘showers’ – we could be lucky!
Powarider have kindly confirmed they will be there with several different bikes to try.
If there are heavy downpours, we will be in The Crown, and will be happy to chat about bikes at the very last.
See you there – Jane
This will be our second electric bike evening, where you can try out different electric bikes, ask questions and get answers from both local owners and a local supplier.
The ‘Electric Bike’ evening held on 30th June on Chiddingfold green was a great success, with around 60 people trying out a variety of electric bikes. This experience enabled all of those who tried out
You can no prescription on our shop.
the bikes to recognise the enormous benefits that these bikes could offer commuters and those who want to travel to nearby towns without using cars.
Are hosting a “Try an Electric Bike” evening on Chiddingfold Village Green on Wednesday 30th June 2010 at 6:30- 9:00 pm.
Five Facts about Electric Bikes
- They are FUN! Everyone who tries an electric bike is impressed, and has a huge smile on their face – why not come along and try one on 30th June?
- They FLATTEN the hills : you keep pedalling at the same rate but the motor helps you maintain your speed up the steeper
inclines. This means that you can average about 18 miles an hour, even around Surrey, with all the hills!
- The FINANCES make sense: it costs just 8p to recharge the battery to give you a range of about 20 miles. That means I can commute to work in Godalming for about 40p a week. Compare that with running your car, taking the train, or catching the bus! Compare the cost of running your car to the cost of the most expensive electric bike you can buy (£2500) at this website: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/cost-of-your-car-calculator
- They help you get FIT and stay FIT! I use my bike far more now I have an electric motor on it. I actually take more exercise than if I didn’t have an electric bike. If you have a child-seat or trailer-back, the electric motor will help you keep cycling instead of using the car.
- Finally, an electric bike as a really small carbon FOOTPRINT: they use virtually no electricity, and I get my electricity on a green tariff, which makes the carbon FOOTPRINT even smaller!
If you want to find out more about the event, please contact Jane Devlin (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you want to know more about PowaRider then try their website or speak to Steve Mills on 0845 170 485 and say you read about the event in this magazine.
If you want hear a podcast on electric bikes from the BBC – http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b00rtfhg