Chidd Green and PowaRider (of Woking)
Are hosting a “Try an Electric Bike” evening on Chiddingfold Village Green on Wednesday 30th June 2010 at 6:30- 9:00 pm.
Five Facts about Electric Bikes
- They are FUN! Everyone who tries an electric bike is impressed, and has a huge smile on their face – why not come along and try one on 30th June?
- They FLATTEN the hills : you keep pedalling at the same rate but the motor helps you maintain your speed up the steeper
inclines. This means that you can average about 18 miles an hour, even around Surrey, with all the hills!
- The FINANCES make sense: it costs just 8p to recharge the battery to give you a range of about 20 miles. That means I can commute to work in Godalming for about 40p a week. Compare that with running your car, taking the train, or catching the bus! Compare the cost of running your car to the cost of the most expensive electric bike you can buy (£2500) at this website: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/cost-of-your-car-calculator
- They help you get FIT and stay FIT! I use my bike far more now I have an electric motor on it. I actually take more exercise than if I didn’t have an electric bike. If you have a child-seat or trailer-back, the electric motor will help you keep cycling instead of using the car.
- Finally, an electric bike as a really small carbon FOOTPRINT: they use virtually no electricity, and I get my electricity on a green tariff, which makes the carbon FOOTPRINT even smaller!
If you want to find out more about the event, please contact Jane Devlin (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you want to know more about PowaRider then try their website or speak to Steve Mills on 0845 170 485 and say you read about the event in this magazine.
If you want hear a podcast on electric bikes from the BBC – http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b00rtfhg